Increasing flexibility can be achieved through a combination of regular stretching exercises, strength training, and incorporating activities that promote flexibility. Here are some suggestions:
- Include dynamic stretches in your warm-up routine. These involve moving parts of your body through a full range of motion.
- Examples include leg swings, arm circles, and torso twists.
- Perform static stretches after your workout or as a separate session. Hold each stretch for 15-30 seconds.
- Focus on major muscle groups, including hamstrings, quadriceps, calves, shoulders, and back.
- Yoga emphasizes flexibility, balance, and core strength.
- Regular participation in these practices can lead to increased flexibility over time.
Strengthening muscles around joints can improve flexibility. Include resistance training in your routine.
- Use a foam roller to release muscle tightness and improve flexibility.
- Foam rolling can be particularly beneficial for the fascia, the connective tissue surrounding muscles.
The Fitness App provides you with dynamic stretches and static training in our programs that allow you to customize your session by previewing and swapping exercises before you start. This is a fantastic feature loved by the community. Make sure to check out the Interactive Programs, First Timer, Resistance Training, Weight Training, Yoga, and Kettlebell tabs on the Browse page to get started.
The DVD library will also help you reach your goal, but in this case, follow the original structure by repetition without the option to customize the session with amazing results.
If you're in the mood to set your routine or want to switch it up, check out the Home and Gym Workout Generator. - see the below screenshot:
One suggestion when looking to increase flexibility, try to incorporate Stretching into daily activities. If possible Take short breaks during the day to stretch. Stretching at your desk, during TV time, or before bedtime can contribute to overall flexibility. Hydration and Nutrition are important factors to consider with your routine. Stay hydrated to maintain the elasticity of muscles and connective tissues. Ensure a balanced diet with nutrients that support muscle health.
Consistency is Key, flexibility gains come with consistent effort over time so be patient with yourself and trust your body. Aim for a well-rounded approach, including different types of stretches and exercises.
Remember to start gradually, and listen to your body to avoid overstretching or injury. I hope this helps if I can further assist don't hesitate to reach out.
Contact us at Help@Jillianmichaels.com